EGMM Training Programs - Introduction
English Work Readiness and computers (EWRC):
English Work Readiness and Computers (EWRC) is the flagship program of Employment Generation and Marketing Mission (EGMM). The course is of 90 day duration during which time the youth will be inducted through a module which is designed and developed by experts after thorough understanding of the rural youth and their aspirations. So far 20000 people have been trained and employed in entry level and supervisory level jobs in leading companies in service sector and retail industry.
Demand Vs Supply gap in the entry level labour market: While the market demands skills instead of degrees, youth are increasingly having degrees which do not match the required skills. Thus, in English Work Readiness at EGMM, emphasis is laid on developing the raw youth into a confident, energetic and positive thinking manpower who can work his way to become a dignified soldier part of the workforce. This comes from the back drop of India being projected the youngest nation by 2026. If India were to achieve economic superpower status by then, most of the young Indians should be willing to work. This course addresses the need and is considered the very important first step in the process of gearing up for the bigger challenge ahead.
Process/ Milestones of the course:
- Sensitizing and coordinating with the Community Based Organization (CBOs), Women and tribal welfare departments for mobilization of the most eligible underprivileged youth.
- Developing Database of all the unemployed youth from the Villages.
- Mobilize them for training based on database generated call letters.
- Establishing training centres
- Selection of Trainers
- Conducting ToT (Training of Trainers)
- Developing modules, diagnosis, study material, audio-visual aids, etc.
- Setting up the required infrastructure
- Training the selected candidates
- Regular diagnosis and quality control through quality team visits.
- Exposure visits to youth and search for jobs on their own to appreciate the value and importance of a job
- Placement to the candidates after successful completion of the training.
- Post placement support for sustainability on Job.
- Forming an Alumni Network with the youth successfully got jobs and sustained on that.
Sectors for placing youth: Based on the experience of placing youth, we have identified tertiary sector as a major focus area since services is witnessing a logarithmic growth. Industries which are recording phenomenal growth in this sector are
Key objectives of the program:
- Pharmaceutical industry and health care
- IT and enabled services
Methodology followed: Adapting a unique training methodology is the USP of EWRC program. The methodology provides platform for an interactive and easy to learn manner. Methodology focuses widely on three major areas.
- To create robust model training centres with fully equipped audio-visual tools supported by special English software
- To develop English and Personality Skills among the rural unemployed youth.
- To create a comprehensive suite of skills delivery programmes to meet main industry needs.
- To develop and promote career pathways to support the recruitment of people in the entry levels.
- Ensuring employers' needs are met by good quality trained people with adequate skills and capable of meeting all the challenges for good performance.
- Develop and implement a sustainable employment model which is based on English, Work Readiness and Computer training.
Higher-Order thinking skills
Affective skills traits
1.Oral Communication (Speaking & Listening)
2.Reading, Understanding & Following Instructions
3.Creative, innovative thinking
1.Initiative & Leadership
2.Working as a team
5.Personal presentation (Appropriate dressing & grooming)
6.Honesty & Reliability
7.Positive attitude towards work
Expected outcomes and impact: EWRC course is planned with an intention of setting up an example for quality conscious trainings which will lead to placements, in turn facilitating a poor family to come out of poverty through sustained monthly income.
- 1 Job to a poor family brings the family out of poverty � with this vision EGMM's efforts will help at least 10,000 families coming out of poverty through the successful implementation of this program.
- Youth energies get channelized positively reducing social problems arising out of unemployment related unrest.
- Youth acquire self confidence and self-esteem through dignified jobs.
- Sustained income improves the quality of life of the family.
- Triggers village economy growth in turn giving back the lost economy of village thus checking the negative impact of urbanisation.
- Improve and sustain productivity and income-earning opportunities at work.
- It serves to enhance their mobility in the labour market and offer the potential for increased career choices. By investing in their human resources, enterprises are able to improve productivity and compete more successfully in increasingly integrated economies.
ii) Training Centers across the state - updated
- iii) Major Recruiters-
- In Retail Sector : More (Aditya Birla Group); Big Bazaar (Future�s Group), Reliance Fresh; Heritage Fresh; ITC Choupal and Futures group
- In Security Services : Roxa/G4 Securitas.
- In Sales: Hindustan Unilever; Reliance telecom; Tata Indicom; Vodafone; Airtel; Eenadu
- Rural BPO: HDFC Bank
- Manufacturing : Apache (Adidas Shoes)
- Hospitality: Mc Donald, KFC, Pizza Corner, Cafe Coffee Day
iv) Success Stories will be provided
b) Other Trainings Single page
i) Training Program
ii) Description with Eligibility
iii) Training Centers with Addresses