Clothing is the basic necessity of any human being. The textile garment industry is the largest foreign exchange earner. It is also the Second largest employment provider next to agriculture. About 15 million people are employed in textile sector. Today, world over "Fashion and Garment Industries" is looked at as an Industry of future. No wonder, because, these industries opens up some of the Biggest Job opportunities for the new millennium especially for women sector. The current trend shows more and more opportunities for this sector in both domestic and export opportunities
Comparatively, the attention on export opportunities seems to be more. Ready made garment industry in India has a vast potential for growth. According to experts the Indian garment Industry is termed as a sleeping giant. Eighty percent of people employed in the Indian garment Industry are women. World wide the garment industry is the third largest employer of women, after Agriculture and Fishing Knitwear occupies a significant place in India's textile exports. Around 40-45% in terms of quantity is knitwear exports. Key centers of knitwear exports in India are Tirupur, Ludhiana, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Bangalore in the order their contribution to the over all exports. Tirupur contributes around 60% of knitwear exports from India
The Socio-Economic charges and the rapid growth of electronic media have resulted in the increased development of ready to wear garments. Being well dressed has became part of everyday life as it is one of the factors for enhancing the personality of a person and receiving appreciation in social life. This in term has lead to rapid industrialization and growth of fashionable garment manufacturing units. These manufacturing units employ well trained manpower which is aware of present fashion trends, quality expectation and modern techniques of garment manufacturing. Keeping this aspect in view the present demand in the market for variety garments the present curriculum of fashion and garment making has been developed so that the youth acquires training suited to the garment industries and related areas.
1. To train the youth to use modern industrial garment machinery
2. Ability to construct paper patterns
3. Develop the skill of designing fashionable garments
4. Create awareness for self employment in garment units
- Understand, Analyze and apply principle and elements of design related to textiles fashion garments.
- Mobilize them for training based on database generated call letters.
- Know about different types of fabrics
- Use pattern making techniques and grading methods to create patterns
- Decide an economic way for cutting fabrics
- Understand and operate various machinery used in garment constructing
- Stitch and finish garments
- Quality assessment of garments
- To develop awareness of career opportunities in the garment industry
- Exposure visits to youth and search for jobs on their own to appreciate the value and importance of a job
- Placement to the candidates after successful completion of the training.
- Post placement support for sustainability on Job.
- Forming an Alumni Network with the youth successfully got jobs and sustained on that.
1. Illustrate fashion figures skillfully
2. Design garment which are functional and decorative
3. Know to select appropriate fabrics suited to the design of the garment with special
reference to color, texture and design of the fabric
4. Operate industrial modern machines
5. Stitch and finish garments
6. Quality assessment
7. Finishing and packaging